Saturday, August 20, 2011

Lessons from Losses

Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow." (James 1:2-4, NLT)

During the Great Depression, Wallace Johnson, a dynamic Christian, was fired from his job at a saw mill. To Wallace and his wife this was a devastating loss. So what did Wallace do? He mortgaged his house and went into the building business. Within five years he was a multi-millionaire and was the founder of Holiday Inn.

Wallace said, "If I could locate the man who fired me I would sincerely thank him for what he did. At the time it happened, I didn't understand why I was fired. Later I saw that it was God's unerring and wondrous plan to get me into the ways of his choosing."

God has a way of turning our disappointments into His appointment. He can bring blessing out of the most dismal situations.

From the book, DAY LIGHTERS by Nico Bougas available from Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment