Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Famous Last Words

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing." (2 Timothy 4:7-8, NIV)

"Go on, get out! Last words are for fools who haven't said enough!" said Karl Marx, when asked by his housekeeper what his last words were.

But the last words of some Biblical characters really reflects the quality of their lives. When Paul reached the final days of his mission here on earth he looked back and said, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished my course..." In contrast when King Saul came to the end of his days he had to say. "I have played the fool, and erred exceedingly..." How will you end your days? Will you be able to look back with satisfaction and a feeling of fulfilment or will you be filled with regrets at having played the fool and wasted your life?

Don't wait until it is too late. Do something about it now. "Seek the Lord while you can find him. Call on him now while He is near." (Isaiah 55:6, NLT)

DAY LIGHTERS - 365 Bible thoughts to ignite your day. Available from Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment