Friday, October 7, 2011

The Poor and Needy

"But I am poor and needy; Yet the Lord thinks upon me. You are my help and my deliverer; Do not delay, O my God." (Psalm 40:17, NKJV)


Susanna Wesley, when asked which of her children she loved the most replied, "Whoever is sick or furtherest from home." God has a special place for those who are the ailing and weak and poor in society.

When you go to bed tonight remember that over half of the world's population is hungry, poor and wretched. Most of these are illiterate people who are unable to read or write. Most of them are using farming methods of a thousand years old. Many of them are little better than slaves to the big landlords who own the land. They need food, education, clothes, homes, medical care, and most of all love. We have a responsibility to these downtrodden people of the world.

From DAY LIGHTERS by Nico Bougas. Available from Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment