Friday, October 21, 2011

Stress Management

"Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall." (Psalm 55:22, NLT)


A lecturer who, when teaching on stress management, raised a glass of water and asked the audience, "How heavy is this glass of water?" Numerous guesses were suggested.

"What it weighs doesn't matter," the lecturer replied. "What matters is how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, that's no problem. If I hold it for an hour, my arm will ache
terribly. And if I hold it for a day, I'll be in real trouble. The longer I hold it the 'heavier' it becomes."

That's true in life. If we keep working without a break, eventually we will break. And if we keep carrying a burden that is too heavy to bear without doing something
about it, sooner or later the burden will break us. Stress needs to be managed. And the best way to do it is to hand all your problems, all your challenges and all your despair over to God.

DAY LIGHTERS by Nico Bougas. Available from amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment