Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Who Cares?

For there is no one who acknowledges me; Refuge has failed me; No one cares for my soul.(Psalm 142:4, NKJV)


In the book The Screwtape Letters, by C. S. Lewis, a devil briefs his demon nephew, Wormwood, in a series of letters, on the subtleties and techniques of tempting people. In his writings, the devil says that the objective is not to make people wicked but to make them indifferent. This higher devil cautions Wormwood that he must keep the patient comfortable at all costs. If he should start thinking about anything of importance, encourage him to think about his luncheon plans and not to worry so much because it could cause indigestion. And then the devil gives this instruction to his nephew: 'I, the devil, will always see to it that there are bad people. Your job, my dear Wormwood, is to provide me with people who do not care”

Every minute of the day, people are suffering, starving, and dying without Christ in their lives. Do you care?

DAY LIGHTERS by Nico Bougas. Available from Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment