Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Friend in Deed


If God be for us who can be against us.
Rom 8.31


A contemporary of Mozart and Haydn, he started losing his hearing at age 28, and eventually became totally deaf. Incredibly, though, he continued writing some of the most beautiful symphonies, concertos, sonatas, and quartets of all time. Today, he ranks as one of the greatest composers in history. His name was Ludwig van Beethoven. Born in December 17, 1770. Beethoven wrote: "No friend have I. I must live by myself alone; but I know well that God is nearer to me than others in my art, so I will walk fearlessly with Him."

We all need friends but believers need never be alone for we have a friend who sticks closer than a brother. We all need friends to encourage us and motivate us and to challenge us. But there is one friend who is always available and never too busy and too distracted. We are always a priority with Him.

"A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." (Proverbs 18:24, NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment