Friday, December 30, 2011

FORGIVE OUR SINS

Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil;" (Romans 14:16, NKJV)


A man hastily wrote out a note and left it on his car window under the wiper, “Dear Officer, I have been circling this block for the past 30 minutes unable to find parking. I am late for an important interview. If I miss it I will lose my job. Forgive us our trespasses”.

He returned later to find a traffic citation and a note back to him, “Dear Sir, I too have been circling this block for the past 30 minutes. If I do not give you this citation I may lose my job, lead us not into temptation.”

Our actions have consequences. What we do affects not only our lives but the lives of others. Let be careful that our good actions don’t cause others to stumble.

From DAY LIGHTERS by Nico Bougas. Available from amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment