Sunday, December 4, 2011

GRATEFUL FOR HER WHEELCHAIR

“My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Corinthians 12:9, NKJV)


Dr. Hubert Davidson visited the noted poetess, Myra Brooks Welch, who perhaps is best known for her masterpiece, "The Touch of the Master's Hand." As he turned to leave her home, Myra patted the arm of her wheelchair and said, "And I thank God for this."

Imagine being grateful for a wheelchair! But her talent lay undiscovered prior to her wheelchair days. Rather than becoming bitter, she chose a better way, and a wonderful ministry opened new doors of blessings for her. Her poems have blessed people around the world.

Joni Eareckson said exactly the same thing when sharing her testimony at the Billy Graham Conference in Amsterdam. She said that many people had offered to pray for her during the conference and she appreciated it. “But,” she said, “this handicap has opened many doors of opportunity and drew me closer to the Lord than anything else.”

DAY LIGHTERS by Nico Bougas Available from amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment