Sunday, September 4, 2011

Strength Out of Weakness

That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:10, NLT)

Often suffering provides an opportunity to know the presence and upholding the power of Christ in a way we otherwise would never know it. This was the experience of the apostle Paul. In his second epistle to the Corinthian church, he states that three times he asked God to remove his affliction, and God said, No.

We need not fear suffering! God is in control of every circumstance. When He permits it, He will use it for His glory and our good. And He will be with us.

God wants us to trust Him—not our gifts or abilities, our experience, or our “spiritual reserves.” Just about the time we feel self-confident and able to meet the enemy, we fail miserably. “For when I am weak, then am I strong” (2 Cor. 12:10).

From DAY LIGHTERS - 365 devotions to ignite your day. Available from amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment