Tuesday, June 14, 2011

GIVING HONOUR TO BUDDHA


When U Thant retired as Secretary-General of the United Nations, a dinner was given in his honor. Attended by the President of the USA and many top-leaders from across the United States. He was toasted and praised. When it came for him to respond, he said (in effect); "If any of the things said about me are true, I would like to give the honor to my lord...Buddha. I believe Buddha was the greatest religious teacher and every day I examine my life to see if I've been worthy to be called a disciple of Buddha."

I suppose that nine-tenths of those at the dinner were at least nominal Christians. How many of them, I wonder, if they had been in U Thant's place would have said, "I give all the honor to my Lord Jesus Christ! I believe He is not only a great teacher but the Savior of the world. Every day I examine my life to see if I've been worthy to be called a disciple of Jesus Christ.

Billy Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment