Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I Did

Two geese were getting ready to fly from a cold and wintery Canada down south to Florida. A frog heard about it and went hurrying over to where these geese were and said, "Boy, I'd like to go to Florida. I've heard so much about the place. It really sounds great and I've got this new sun tan lotion that's guaranteed not to burn. I'd really love to go".

The geese said, "How in the world do you expect to get there?"

The frog replied, "I could get on your back and you could fly me down". So they tried it. But again and again the frog fell off.

Finally the frog had a smart idea. "I've got it," he said, "see this stick? Mrs Goose you grab it here, and Mr Goose you grab it here on the other end and I'll grab it in the middle and we'll have a flying contraption."

It sounded pretty good. Mrs Goose grabbed the one end and Mr Goose grabbed the other end. The frog grabbed the middle and off they went. It was marvelous. They were cruising along. For miles and miles they travelled over towns, farm, villages, houses, streets - it was fantastic. Then they flew over a man who looked up and could hardly believe his eyes. Two geese and a frog flying with a stick. He reached up and scratched his head and said out aloud, " I wonder who in the world was smart enough to think of that?"

The frog heard him, his ears twitched, his heart swelled with pride and he opened his big mouth and called out, "I did"' and of course that was the end of Mr Frog. 

"There is no limit  to what can be accomplished if we don't care who gets the credit."  (Emerson) Many a good project has been ruined by people seeking to take the limelight and get the credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment