Saturday, September 24, 2011

Convictions

For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day. (2 Timothy 1:12, NKJV)

There is a story told about the George Whitefield, the evangelist. He asked a man what he believed, and the man replied, “I believe what my church believes.”
“What does your church believe?” Whitefield asked. “My church believes what I believe,” was the answer. “Well, what do you both believe?” asked the evangelist. “We both believe the same thing!”

The man thought he had convictions but all he really had were secondhand opinions. Do you know what you believe and are your convinced that it is “the way, the truth and the life”?

The advice Joshua got when he took over the leadership of the Children of Israel was, "Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do." (Joshua 1:8, NLT)

DAY LIGHTERS by Nico Bougas. Available from Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment