Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Heart for the Poor

Those who shut their ears to the cries of the poor will be ignored in their own time of need. (Proverbs 21:13, NLT)

There is no evidence that the farmer in the parable of the rich fool was any better than others. Having a lot of money does make a person worthy. Neither does being poor mean one is unworthy.

As he was saying to himself, “What shall I do for I have no place to put my crops?” perhaps a neighbour across this field was saying, “What can I do for I don’t even have bread for my children?” Perhaps some poor beggar was scratching in his garbage can trying to find enough food to eat to keep himself alive.

If he had only looked around him he could have found many a way of using the abundance that he had. But he forgot about others. He was blind to the needs of those around him.

DAY LIGHTERS by Nico Bougas an ebook available from Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment