Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Land of the Living and the Land of the Dying

THE LAND OF THE LIVING AND THE LAND OF THE DYING

Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

Psalm 116.115

Realizing that he would soon be gone from this world one day, the evangelist, D. L Moody said to a friend. “Someday you will read in the papers that D.L.Moody is dead! Don’t believe a word of it. At that moment I shall be more alive than I am now...”

In his final hours before passing to his reward he awakened from a sleep and said, “Earth recedes. Heaven opens before me. It this is death. It is sweet! There is no valley here. God is calling me, and I must go…” And his final words were, “This is my triumph this is my coronation day! It is glorious.”

Is death the end for you or the beginning?

"And just as each person is destined to die once and after that comes judgment," (Hebrews 9:27, NLT

From DAY LIGHTERS by Nico Bougas. Available from amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment